Solid State Logic Bus+ 2-channel Bus Compressor
2-channel Bus Compressor with Dynamic Equalizer and 4 Modes of Operation
The Ultimate Incarnation of the SSL Bus Comp
Since the first SSL 4000 B console was released in the late 1970s, Solid State Logic's famed Bus Compressor has been the audio engineer's tool of choice for gluing a mix together. The Solid State Logic Bus+ continues in this fabled tradition, packing five decades of analog-fueled dynamic punch into a convenient rackmount piece of hardware. The Bus+ boasts an authentic SSL Bus Compressor with multiple modes based on the XLogic, early 4K, and more for maximum sonic flexibility. The Bus+ also includes the D-EQ, a powerful 2-band analog dynamic equalizer for added sound shaping. Both the Bus Compressor and D-EQ are jam-packed with versatile features, enabling you to mold your mixes into an endless variety of sonic textures. The Bus+ contains 100% analog circuitry, with stepped, digitally controlled front-panel pots. This 2-channel processor gives you four modes of operation, external sidechain I/O, configurable processing order, sleep and auto-sleep modes, and a whole lot more. If you've been waiting to pull the trigger on an SSL-style bus comp, now's the time — the Solid State Logic Bus+ is their most advanced compressor to date.
The de facto choice for gluing together a mix
When pro audio enthusiasts think of Solid State Logic, one single piece of gear almost always comes to mind: their venerable SSL Bus Compressor. Originally released as part of the center section on their SSL 4000 B console in 1976, the SSL Bus Comp has been a mainstay in professional studios ever since. This compressor became so popular in fact, that engineers who didn't mix on SSL consoles wanted to integrate this iconic sound into their studios. Thus, SSL created a rackmount version of the Bus Comp — the FX G384 — in 1991. In 2002, the FX G384 was updated to fit alongside the company's XLogic processors, with a multichannel 5.1 version being released the following year. The Bus Compressor became available as a double-width XLogic X-Rack module in 2007, and in 2013 it was adapted into the 500 Series format. Beyond that, there are countless plug-in emulations of this revered hardware processor. If you want to achieve the same elusive, glued-together quality as a pro studio, why not rely on the same secret weapon they do? All you need to do is get your hands on the Solid State Logic Bus+. It delivers the fabled sound you're aiming for — plus a whole lot more.
The most versatile SSL Bus Comp — ever
The Solid State Logic Bus+ is brimming with exhilarating features, but let's face it: you're here for the bus comp. And the Bus+ doesn't disappoint. Housed inside of its eye-grabbing rackmount housing is an authentic SSL Bus Compressor circuit, complete with high-performance 2181 THAT VCAs. The compressor's Low THD Mode reduces low-frequency distortion for a pristine, modern character, while F/B Mode yields a more relaxed style of dynamic compression. Want early-4K-style grunge and grit? The Bus+ does that, too. You also get access to negative ratios for creative pumping effects, Attack and Release time constant options for added flexibility, plus an Auto 2 setting. Two ranges of precision MDAC-controlled make-up gain are also on hand, as is a variable sidechain highpass filter and a Mix control for dead-simple parallel compression. Moving-coil gain-reduction meters and an unlockable Transient Expander bonus mode are also included.
Powerful 2-channel analog dynamic EQ
In the realm of plug-ins, dynamic equalizers are a dime a dozen. That said, you won't find many analog versions of this powerful tone-shaping tool. The Bus+ aims to change this with its D-EQ. This exceptional 2-band, parallel dynamic EQ includes low- and high-frequency bands, with 16 selectable frequency points per band, for adding the perfect final sheen to your source material. The D-EQ vaunts Compress and Expand modes, plus three choices of time constants for each band: Nominal, Fast, or Auto. Each band boasts a 0.5dB–15dB adjustable range, and the high-frequency band can be switched to a bell shape, with selectable frequencies covering high-midrange and high frequencies. You get a G-Series mode that changes the D-EQ's low-frequency filter to a second order with a degree of under and overshoot; you also get tri-color activity LEDs and individual bands that can be bypassed.
Solid State Logic Bus+ 2-channel Bus Compressor Features:
- Packs 5 decades of SSL Bus Comp tech into a convenient rackmount unit
- Contains 100% analog circuitry, with stepped, digitally controlled front-panel pots
- 2 channels with 4 modes of operation: Classic Stereo, Σ S/C Stereo, Dual Mono, or Mid-Side
- Authentic SSL Bus Compressor circuit with high-performance 2181 THAT VCAs
- Multiple compression modes based on the XLogic, early 4K, and more supplies maximum sonic flexibility
- Negative compression ratios give rise to creative pumping effects
- Attack and Release time constant options, plus an Auto 2 setting, unlock added versatility
- 2 ranges of precision MDAC-controlled make-up gain
- Variable sidechain highpass filter makes tailoring the compressor's behavior a piece of cake
- Mix control supplies dead-simple parallel compression
- Super-accurate moving-coil gain-reduction meters
- Includes an unlockable Transient Expander bonus mode
- 2-band, parallel dynamic D-EQ includes LF and HF bands
- 16 selectable frequency points per band gives you plenty of sound-shaping options
- Includes both Compress and Expand modes
- 3 choices of time constants for each EQ band: Nominal, Fast, or Auto
- Each EQ band boasts a 0.5dB–15dB adjustable range
- HF band can be switched to a bell shape, with selectable frequencies covering high-midrange and high frequencies
- G-Series mode changes the LF filter to a second order with a degree of under and overshoot
- Tri-color activity LEDs and individually bypassable EQ bands
- External sidechain I/O allows you to trigger the compressor with an external signal
- Configurable processing order ensures maximum flexibility
- Sleep and auto-sleep modes
STL Pro Audio is an authorised dealer for SSL.