WesAudio RHEA NG500 500 Series Stereo Vari-Mu Tube Compressor
Please allow 10-14 days delivery.
Vibrant Tube Compression in a 500 Series Module
The Wes Audio RHEA stereo compressor module is equipped with a tube gain reduction circuit to deliver highly musical results along with stellar audio quality, thanks to its fully analog signal path and bass-bolstering interstage transformers. And while the signal path is 100% analog, RHEA offers full control and automation from your DAW — the perfect combination of analog and digital technologies. A switchable harmonic distortion circuit allows you to add colour and depth to your audio; a mix knob makes it easy to apply parallel compression. Complete with highpass sidechain filters to prevent bass from over-triggering compression, the Wes Audio RHEA tube compressor module will exceed your expectations in terms of what a stereo bus compressor can do.
Full recall and automation when used with NG500-compatible racks
While the WesAudio RHEA compressor module will work with many standard 500 series racks, you'll be able to tap into advanced digital control when you load it into one of WesAudio's NG500-compatible racks, such as their TITAN series. NG500-compatible racks like the TITAN allow for digital control over your modules, facilitating full session recall and supporting automation from your DAW. In a typical 500 series rack, just connect a USB cable directly to RHEA for full recall capabilities.
Stellar sound quality with selectable harmonic distortion
No sonic compromises here: the all-analog RHEA stereo compressor module boasts a generous +24dBu of headroom. And if you want to add a little something special to your audio on the way through, switch on RHEA's THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) mode. With selectable Med and High modes, THD saturates your signal for added harmonic complexity — it's perfect for beefing up low end or adding complex midrange richness to your mixes.
WesAudio RHEA 500 Series Stereo Tube Compressor 500 Series Module Features:
- All-analog signal path with +24dBu of headroom for stellar sound quality
- Mix knob makes parallel compression techniques simple
- Switchable THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) adds analog saturation to your signal
- Switchable sidechain filters for fine-tuning how the compressor reacts to bass frequencies
- Vari-mu-style compression; use Input and Threshold controls to dial in the right amount of compression
- Compatible with any WesAudio NG500 chassis and many standard 500 series racks
- Full session recall and support for DAW automation when loaded in an NG500-compatible chassis like TITAN, or via USB connection
- Touch-sensitive encoders (Threshold, Mix, Output) allow you to draw automation into your DAW
- Interstage Carnhill transformers maintain top-notch sound quality throughout the entire signal chain